In the Mind of 17-Year-Old Alison
What was your favorite song at 17-years-old?
What were your favorite hobbies/activities?
Going to shows at Javajazz like Paramore or some obscure local artist.
What would 17-year-old you think of who you are today?
Probably disappointed but for all the wrong reasons. I thought I’d pretty much be in control of the world at this point but over time my life wants and goals have been less about control and monetary success and much more focused on travel, being challenged, and taking advantage of any moment of happiness. By this point, I should have been married to the lead singer of Panic! at the Disco.
Alison’s Summary in 2017
This has been a year all about balance. I’ve had incredible events and really sad moments. Happiness, often, and pockets of sheer frustration. Still, though, I don’t feel the justification to complain because it is damn good to be me.
My year in review:
- I turned 26 and suddenly everyone has felt the need to let me know it’s time to settle down, find a husband, and have babies.
- I lost my job.
- I gained an even more incredible job that has been the best thing to ever happen to me.
- I loved, truly loved, someone.
- We broke up and it hurt.
- I traveled to 17 different cities (including 4 different countries).
- I even had my own Spontaneous Sophisticated Spring Break with my best friend in the wine country.
- I lost weight and then gained it back. I think I’m net negative but I decided to throw my scale away just in case.
- I cut my hair and got a nose piercing that my mom still doesn’t know about yet. …JK.
- I made so many new friends and spent nearly every weekend this year celebrating them all.
- I’m moving to Denver.
Ten years ago when I was on the verge of 17 I thought by this time I would be a VP of Marketing for a Fortune 500 company, married to someone that looks like Kit Harrington, and living in California as a DINK. The joke is on 17-year-old-Alison because almost none of those things will ever come true but in all honesty, I’m doing better than I ever was.
You can follow me and photos of my stupid face here, and see my happy moments in beautiful places below.